追蹤者

2018年11月18日 星期日

Writing Sample: Autobiography for applying to a college


        My name is Jia­Ling Yang. I was born and raised in Taiwan. I am currently a junior at Xin­Yi Senior High School. Being the only child in my family, I have been raised as the focus of my parents’ love and attention. However, this does not mean that they spoiled me. Instead, they have taught me how to behave and fostered warmth and enthusiasm in me. I am lucky to have many friends, and I think that I have to thank my parents for that.
        My interests range from music and sports to reading and writing. Among these interests, I am especially interested in the wonders of nature. When I was a child, I like to ask questions about natural phenomena, such as the rainbow and the dew. My father, who was a physics teacher, would explain to me with patience. I was always listening attentively. Since I went to senior high school, I have been even more fascinated with the mystery of nature. I joined many activities observing and studying the nature. I also took part in scientific competitions and won several prizes. I plan to major in physics in college. By putting my heart into this field, I will be able to make a concrete contribution to society while pursuing a topic that interests me greatly. After graduation from college, I will continue with my studies. I believe that my background, experience, determination, and effort will make me a good candidate for NCTU. I do hope that I have the good luck to be granted admission.

沒有留言:

張貼留言