追蹤者

2020年10月20日 星期二

Sentence Patterns 3.4.4 ~ 3.4.5 解答

 解答

I. 替換

1. As soon as I arrived at the station, I found the train had left.

2. As soon as he stepped out of the office, he was arrested.

3. As soon as he returned from Japan, he set out to work on his new project.

4. We stood up as soon as the teacher entered.

5. As soon as I inspected the vase further, I found a crack in it.

6. As soon as Mr. Brownlow called her to come in, she found herself in a little room, quite full of books.

 

ll. 翻譯

I. As soon as I receive your order, I will deliver the goods to you.

2. Once one holds power, he tends to become corrupt.

3. Once you have learned French, you will find English easy.

4. As soon as he recovered from his operation, he returned to work.

5. The phone rang as soon as I sat down to eat.


解答

I. 替換

1. No sooner do I receive your order than I will deliver the goods to you.

2. No sooner do I get paid than I will return to you the money I have owed you.

3. No sooner had the earthquake struck than the residents rushed out.

Scarcely had the earthquake struck when the residents rushed out.

4. No sooner had he recovered from his operation than he returned to work.

Scarcely had he recovered from his operation when he returned to work.

5. No sooner had I sat down to eat than the telephone rang.

Scarcely had I sat down to eat when the telephone rang.

 

ll. 翻譯

1. No sooner was the news about our victory made open than we jumped for joy.

2. No sooner had the teacher turned around than John sneaked away.

3. No sooner had he nodded his head than his hat dropped to the ground.

4. No sooner had he kicked his leg in the air than his shoe flew out of his foot.

5. No sooner had he swiped his card than the door swung/flew open.

沒有留言:

張貼留言