追蹤者

2021年3月1日 星期一

Reading 6.8解答

 

Patterns in Use

句型一

Exercise

2 The preparations completed, the meeting began.

3 The mother read her children bedtime stories, her soft voice soothing them to sleep.

4 Chris couldn’t help shaking like a leaf in the chill wind, his lips turning blue.

5 Pets not (being) permitted inside the restaurant, we decided to order some food to go.

 

句型二

Exercise

2 he had been generously sharing the cells

3 who has been protecting his clients’ rights

4 Henrietta Lacks has been getting more recognition

5 Researchers have been testing medications

 

Extra Exercise

I

1 Because of the imperfect/flawed health care system, doctors and nurses in this country have been receiving fewer salaries in recent years.

2 (Although) They making an appeal to the government, the situation does not improve.

II

1 It is worrying that Amy has been playing video games these days.

2 (Though) Her parents have talked to her about the consequences of such actions, whatever they say falling on deaf ears.

III

1 Over the past few years, the problem of water shortage has been getting more and more serious.

2 Water resources being essential, it’s time that the public feel concern for this issue.


Writing Hands-on

Exercise

No. 28, Xinzhan Rd.,

Banqiao Dist., New Taipei City 22041

 

May 5, 2018

 

Sales Manager

Twinkle Department Store

No. 386, Fushing North Rd.,

Zhongshan Dist., Taipei City 10476

 

Dear Sir or Madam,

 

Yesterday I went to your clearance sale and made a purchase of a polka­dot dress. However, when I arrived home and opened the bag, I found a big stain right in the breast of the dress. But when I went back to the original department to make an exchange, to my surprise, the clerk told me that no refunds for sale goods.

 

I really don’t understand how this could happen: First, I went all the way from my home back to your store to try to settle this matter. Second, that item was clearly from your department. Third, I demanded a refund because that dress was out of stock. Finally, and most important, the mistake was not mine.

 

I am writing this letter to request that you make up for this mistake and to ensure such errors do not happen again. If I don’t get satisfaction on this, my next step will be to appeal to the Consumers’ Foundation for help.

 

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

 

Yours sincerely,

Jane Wang

Jane Wang

 


沒有留言:

張貼留言