2020年12月5日 星期六

SP 3.7.5

 

Pattern 5

If + S + should + V ... , ( S + Aux ) + V…

例:If it should rain pottage, he would want his dish.—a proverb

天降肉湯,他也沒有盤子裝。( 不會利用良機 。) 一諺語

 

說明:

I. 這個句型表示極為不可能發生的假設主要子句可為祈使句,或動詞前面加現在式或過去式的助動詞。

a. If you should run into trouble, don't hesitate to ask for my help.

萬一你遭到麻煩,找我幫忙,不要猶豫。

b. If we should fail again, we are ruined.

萬一我們再失敗,我們就毀了。

c. If you should go to town, I am sure Susan would be glad to see you.

假如你去城裡,我確信蘇珊會很高興見你。

II. 與事實相反的假設子句中的 if 可省略,這時 should 要與主詞倒置。

If you should happen to pass a baker's, pick up a loaf of bread.

→ Should you happen to pass a baker's, pick up a loaf of bread.

假如你路過麵包店,就買一條麵包吧。

 

I. 替換

範例:If you happen to pass a baker's, pick a loaf of bread.

 → If you should pass a baker’s, pick a loaf of bread.

1. If you happen to see Helen, please tell her I am leaving Taipei.

à____________________________________________________________

2. If you happen to have another glove, please lend it to me.

à____________________________________________________________

3. If I happen to win the lottery, I will treat you to a big meal. à____________________________________________________________

4. If you happen to pass a supermarket, get some eggs for me.

à____________________________________________________________

5. What would you do if you happen to have the same name as your boss?

à____________________________________________________________

 

ll. 翻譯:請將下列中文句子翻成英文。

1. 如果你遇見珍,就告訴她我在等她。

______________________________________________________________

2. 萬一你需要幫忙,你可以打電話給我。

______________________________________________________________

3. 萬一事情出差錯,我該怎麼辦?

______________________________________________________________

4. 萬一繩索斷裂,他會掉下來。

______________________________________________________________

5. 萬一股市崩盤,很多人會破產。

______________________________________________________________

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言